BICCoN is constituted by the three major blockchain bodies/communities in Nigeria, namely:
- Blockchain Nigeria User Group (BNUG);
- Cryptography Development Initiative of Nigeria (CDIN);
- Stakeholders in Blockchain Technology Association of Nigeria (SiBAN); and
- Independent stakeholders who may not yet be affiliated with any of the three bodies/communities above.
To provide an intercommunity approach to blockchain technology adoption towards achieving a more collaborative, innovative, and safer blockchain ecosystem in Nigeria
- Build and Protect the integrity of the emerging blockchain industry in Nigeria by introducing industry standards and practices that ensure consumer protection and investor safety, thus making the blockchain ecosystem more secure;
- Collaborate with relevant regulators on policies and regulatory frameworks in the digital assets space towards ensuring that regulation is applied as a tool for consumer and investment protection without stifling innovation in the development, application, and growth of digital assets in Nigeria.
- Collaborate with government ministries, departments, and agencies (MDAs) to encourage the development and adoption of government policies that will help maximize the opportunities offered by blockchain technology and minimize risks across all sectors and industries in Nigeria; and
- Collaborate with regulators and law-enforcement agencies in Nigeria in order to curb fraud and scams in the emerging digital assets industry towards ensuring safety and security in the digital assets space in Nigeria.